Amazon

Friday 30 November 2012

“I’ll fight for my place” vows West Ham Ladies winger Zoe Lipley-Hinton

When re-joining the West Ham Ladies in the summer, young winger Zoe Lipley-Hinton thought she would spend most of the season in the reserves.

But after impressing in pre-season, the 18-yearold was promoted to the first team and given her chance in the starting line-up.

Following several solid performances, which also saw her score against Colchester United in the League Cup, her teammates were full of praise for Zoe and a regular spot in the starting XI looked certain.

Mikey Cartwright/Ponderosa Pix
But during the Ladies thumping victory against Spurs last month, Zoe twisted her knee and now faces a couple of weeks on the sidelines while others get a chance to shine.

“There are a lot of players in the team who are good enough to step in and take my place so I will have to do my best to get back into the team,” she said. But to be honest I’ve really enjoyed playing with the first team and apart from my goal, my highlight this season has just been starting games.

“I honestly didn’t think I would get this chance because I had just come up from the reserves and thought I’d be on the bench but I was delighted to be able to show what I can do and start matches.”

It looks unlikely the teenager will play competitively for the Ladies this year with their final game of 2012 being Reading away on December 16 but that’s not something she is too worried about.

Zoe continued: “I thought the step up to the first team was difficult because it was much faster but I didn’t have anything to lose or anything to prove so I just gave everything I could in every game.

“I have also been lucky in that players like Bex [Merritt] give me a lot of advice. Her runs are very good and that is one thing I am working on and she helps me with this part of my game.”

She added: “I feel like I bring good work rate to the team and that I always want to put in a good shift.”

West Ham Ladies are next playing at home on Sunday, December 9 against Queen’s Park Rangers in the FA Womens’ Premier League Southern Division. The game kicks off at 2pm.

The Ladies play their home games at Thurrock FC, Ship Lane, Grays, Essex, RM19 1YN.

No comments:

Post a Comment