Amazon

Friday 19 October 2012

Captain Rosey Sullivan's plea for West Ham Ladies to maintain unbeaten run

West Ham Ladies captain Rosey Sullivan has called on her teammates to pick up maximum points in their next two games and extend their unbeaten run in the league to six games.

The 20-year-old has been in impressive form of late and has formed a strong partnership with fellow centre half Danica Revell which has helped the Ladies pick up 10 points in their last four games.

The pairing looked particularly strong against Tottenham Hotspur Ladies’ pacy forwards earlier this month, keeping a clean sheet as the Hammers ran out 1-0 winners.


Rosey said: “It was a great win against Tottenham and a great team performance. I felt we really clicked as a team for the first time this season and I was, obviously, delighted with the clean sheet.

“I didn’t play in the last game against Tottenham in the league cup which we lost but I was told their wingers were brilliant that night and I thought we did well to keep them quiet.

“We’ve now got Lewes and Yeovil in the league which I think are both very winnable games for us. We will go into both these games pushing for all three points and we have to keep the same fighting attitude for ever y game.”

She added: “All games in this league are a battle and both Lewes and Yeovil are big sides and quite aggressive so I’m hoping we can get the ball down and play around them.”

This is Rosey’s first season as captain but admits it’s a role she loves and wants to keep for the rest of the season.

Referring to her partnership with Danica, she continued: “I think this is the third season we have played together now and I love having her next to me. We both went to the same academy - Leyton Orient Centre of Excellence – so we were taught to play the same way which has helped us to forge this partnership.

“I feel she does the same job as me and stops me from worrying because I know she’s got my back. She is the only centre back I’ve really enjoyed playing with because she is such a strong player and I think people like the way we play together.
Hopefully we can continue to play well together.”

The captain has also been impressed by the performances of goalkeeper Toni Anne Wayne this season.

She continued: “It’s great to play in front of Toni. She has been a big player for us so far this season, pulling off some great saves and she is always talking to me.

She added: “Her penalty save in the Tottenham game was brilliant. I was amazed she managed to get there because it was right in the corner and that save was really the difference between us getting three points and just one.”

West Ham Ladies are playing at home to Lewes in the FA Womens’ Premier League Southern Division on Sunday. The game kicks off at 2pm.

The Ladies play their home games at Thurrock FC, Ship Lane, Grays, Essex, RM19 1YN.

No comments:

Post a Comment